Hurdy Gurdy "MM Electric Custom"
product unavailableadd to wish list
Electric hurdy-gurdy by MM Instruments was designed in collaboration with Michalina Malisz to meet the demands of touring artists. It combines natural sound, compact yet beautiful design, light weight, and ease of use in live stage situations.
Listen to how it sounds: https://youtu.be/14sL_z0QZok (More detailed video coming soon!)
Basic setup includes:
- stained mahogany (Sapele) body and ribs-back
- custom wood and color choice for the top, key-box lid, and wheel cover (figured maple by default)
- 2 melodic strings (C3 and G3 by default), 2 trompettes (G3 and C4 by default), 2 drones (C2 and G2 by default)
- adjustable bridge for melodic strings and drones
- built-in active (9V battery) electronic system with 3 piezo pickups; volume, bass, and treble knobs per each channel; one Jack 6,3mm output (can be used with all guitar amplifiers, or it can be plugged directly into audio interfaces/mixers, etc.).
Additionally paid features*:
- custom wood choice for body and ribs-back
- additional melodic strings (max. 4) - default setup: C3+G3+C4+G4, another custom tunning is possible
- drone and trompette capos
- melodic capos
- adjustable trompette bridge
- custom electromagnetic pickup for melodic strings (works only with certain steel core viola strings)
- custom body shape
* - not all possible features are included in the list above, so if you have any other special demands please include a note during the ordering or write us an email
length: 64 cm without the crank; 69 cm with the crank
width: 29 cm
height: 20,5 cm
weight: <3,5 kg (might vary depending on wood choice and strings number)
When ordering a gurdy, a deposit is required. It equals 10% of the worth of the instrument + shipping cost.
To pay the deposit please use following Discount coupon code: "deposit10" on the checkout!!!
The rest of the payment is due once the instrument is ready.
- Time of order execution is estimated for 12 months (updated on Nov 18th, 2022). Precise execution time is agreed personally with a Customer via email.
- Please note that for orders delivered outside of EU, customs duty might occur. For more information, please visit Delivery Times and Shipping Cost section on our website.
- With any questions feel free to ask via email: firstname.lastname@example.org - we make every effort to respond to you within 24 hours (Mon-Sat).